Friday, May 23, 2008

Baby Jail

Tonight I was putting Will to bed, but he was kind of wired. When he gets like that, he tends to run around his crib until he falls down, then he laughs and does it all over again until he's tired. Weird, huh? Well tonight he was running around the crib, then back and forth, and then all of a sudden he ran towards the edge (the railing was down because I hadn't kissed him goodnight yet) and he pushed himself off the railing and BAM! Did a flip and landed on the floor. It happened so fast that all I had time to do was yell "OH MY GOD!" What does he do? Gets up, laughing, and tries to do it again.

When I was little, I did the exact same thing. My parents couldn't keep my in my crib. In the middle of the night, they'd wake up to me staring at them. They even installed a net over my crib to keep me in, but like the little turd that I was I still found a way out.

We're completely screwed.

3 comments:

K said...

HAHAHAHHA! Before I read the last part of your post, I was going to say it must be a boy thing!!

Makena never stood up in her crib. We kept waiting for her to try to get out of it as a queue to change it to a toddler bed. It never happened and we realized she'd be sleeping in her crib until she turned 20 at that rate. Even when we did put her in her toddler bed, she'd call us to come get her for the first several weeks.

Kessler, on the other hand, he's already standing up trying to pull himself out.

For Will's sake, it's awesome that he got a kick out of doing a somersault to the floor. But, I think you're right... you're completely screwed! :)

K said...

It's been a month!! Where are ya!?

The Wife. said...

We gave up on the crib and moved on to a toddler bed at 18 monthes! I couldn't have him climbing out all night!!