Saturday, May 10, 2008

And Suck on THAT!

Friday was my last official day with the company. I say "official" because the last week I was basically just supervising my replacement. I ended up staying 4 weeks after I submitted my resignation so that I could help find and train my replacement. Even though I was anxious to get the hell out of there, I also wanted input on my replacement since I worked my ass off and didn't want some random twit to screw it all up. I ended up calling a girl that I used to work with a while back, and it turned out to be perfect timing. She had just moved back to Austin from New York and was looking for a job downtown since she was going to be taking night classes at UT. Luckily for all of us, she was able to start right away! So I had 2 weeks to train her, the last week of which I basically had her answer my emails, my phone calls and conduct my trainings. What did I do? I read this, this, this, this, and this. Oh, and of course I obsessively checked this and this.

I also started planning out what I'm going to be doing with myself now that I am a woman of leisure. I can say that since Will is still going to be in daycare. Woohoo! I have tons of gardening, cleaning, cooking, organizing, painting and bon bon eating to really keep myself busy for a while, don't you worry. Gardening is first. Since we moved in, I haven't really had the time or the energy to get a lot of gardening done. The people that lived in this house before us were worthless and planted stupid ugly crap that is all about to go. We have 6 huge purple sage bushes in the front yard that are (hopefully) about to find new homes. I posted an ad on Craigslist on Friday basically saying that if someone wants to dig them up and take them away, then they can have them for free. Who knew that so many people scour the free stuff on Craigslist? One lady came on Friday and took the biggest one. Another guy is coming tomorrow, and hopefully he'll take the rest so that I can get right to it on Monday morning!

3 comments:

K said...

If I offer up the weeds in my yard for free, do you think I'll get any takers?

Enjoy your time off!!!

Katie said...

Haha, you never know!

I am stuck with 2 more of these darned bushes. Time to post another ad!

Femme au Foyer said...

I think that it was sheer genius to post an ad giving away your bushes. I'm sure you'll have them gone in no time. Do you think if I post an ad for "free pet rats" people will flock to my house?

Enjoy this time. You deserve it!