Monday, January 23, 2006

Balloon Butt

So, being the procrastinator that I've never denied being, I am finally dieting and exercising. You might try to humor me and say "Why Katie, you look great, you don't need to do a thing" (Doesn't matter what you actually say, I'm going to hear that by the way) But who are we kidding? In the past 2 1/2 years that Chris and I have been dating, I've gained about 17 lbs. To many, that's not much. To a 5'2" elf, that's an ass and a half. I've been talking about losing weight for about 2 years now, but haven't done. Instead, I've gone out for many happy hours, eaten many cheeseburgers and indulged in many wing and beer nights. And by exercising, I sit on the couch and think about running. Or I'll watch 8 minute abs. Just watch it. And laugh, I might add. Guys in striped leotards are funny.

Getting back to the subject at hand... So, 2 weeks ago, at my final dress fitting for the wedding dress that I will not be wearing (that's for another story, to come shortly) a very embarassing thing happened. The russian woman that was helping me into my dress couldn't button the back. I was wearing one of those girdle bras, sucking in, and pushing my waist in. All at once. And it barely closed. Man, oh man... then when it was on and strapped up, I realized how much I needed to get serious. So, for the past two weeks I've been lean cuisine-ing it, and for the first time in my life... I joined a gym. I joined Gold's Gym last week.

Anyway, my point is that I've lost about 7 lbs so far and I'm on my way. Whoopee!

No comments: